Early one August morning, my smoke detector began going off for no apparent reason. Not the occasional chirp, alerting you that the batteries are low, this was the constant sounding you would get if there was a lot of smoke present.
I checked the entire house, to be sure there was no fire, and to my relief there wasn't. This incident, however, reminded me that I could smell propane in my kitchen under the cooktop.
I had called the gas company out about 2 or 3 months earlier, but the technician (who I found out later was just a delivery driver), refused to come into the house. He insisted that he could detect the leak outside and was able to fix it. Even though I insisted that the smell was inside the house, he still would not come in to check it.
On the day that my smoke alarm went off, I decided to drive down to Home Depot and purchase an Explosive Gas/Carbon Monoxide Alarm. I purchased the Kidde Nighthawk KN-COEG-3. I hooked it up under my cooktop, and as you can see in the video above, it began going off within just a matter of seconds.
If you own a WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Device and the hard drive dies or you need to upgrade it to a larger capacity, you’ll need to know how to open the case. This isn’t as simple as you might think. Here's how I do it.